Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Kitchen Envy

I am suffering from some major kitchen envy. I like our kitchen but I'm not in love with it. It has excellent potential given it's size.

This is the floorplan of our kitchen area.


Anyway... We've started painting the walls in the main kitchen and breakfast nook the Mandarin color. We're doing white, chocolate brown and a buttercup yellow for accents. The kitchen cabinets, countertops and flooring are a big thumbs down. Once it gets nicer out and we can actually open a window we're going to start sanding down the cabinets and paint them white. I also want to replace some of our upper cabinets with opening shelving.

I love the look of this kitchen


Photo by Jon Jensen.

Right now our back splash is white subway tile, which is really nice but I think this is such a statement. It's recycled glass!


Photo from HGTV.

No comments:

Post a Comment